Michael Page International (PageGroup) has published its full year results for the year ended 31 December 2013.
· Revenue increased by 1.2%; gross profit lower by 2.7% at constant exchange rates
· Operating profit ** increased 4.7%, reflecting a focus on operational efficiencies
· Signs of improvement in many markets as the year progressed, notably in the UK and USA
· 20 out of 34 countries achieved year-on-year gross profit growth in 2013
InterQuest Group, the specialist IT recruitment group, has announced its audited results for the year ended 31 December 2013.
· Revenue increased by 2.0% to £114.9m (2012: £112.7m)
· Net fee income* (NFI) increased by 6.1% to £17.4m (2012: £16.4m)
· Gross profit margin % up 60 basis points at 15.1% (2012: 14.5%)
· Gross profit margin % on contractor recruitment business (excluding payroll deals) up 80 basis points to 12.3% from 11.5% in 2012 and from 10.9% in 2011
Robert Walters has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. Revenue up 5% to £597.7m, Net fee income increased by 6% to £199.2m with net fee income growth in constant currency across all regions, PBT increased by 30% to £10.1m (41% on constant currency basis), Operating profit increased 28% to £10.8m, Earnings per share increased by 24% to 8.4p per share, Net cash position of £18.6m as at 31 December 2013, Maintained healthy balance of permanent (69%) and contract (31%) recruitment net fee income, UK: Net fee income increased by 15% to £57.2m with regional businesses and Reso...
Fourth-quarter 2013 results
• Revenue rose to € 580.4 million (Q4 2012: € 578.5 million); revenue per working day rose 1% compared
to last year; (January 2014: +2% compared to last year)
• Revenue in the Netherlands rose 4% in January 2014
• Underlying operating expenses were reduced by another 6% compared to last year as planned
New research published by global workspace provider Regus for International Women’s Day shows that eight in ten UK firms believe that their industry misses out by not employing women after maternity leave, and two thirds say that returning mothers bring skills and experience which are difficult to find in the current market.
Eighty percent of senior executives said that their company would not be able to replace them quickly if they left, according to a survey of 1,270 business leaders from around the world by IIC Partners.
2013 annual executive search and leadership consulting industry trend data, just released by the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), revealed an 8.5% rise in global revenues over 2012, placing estimated 2013 industry revenues at $10.57 billion worldwide.
Businesses are adapting to deal with the changing landscape of entry-level employees according to Tomorrow’s Talent, a research report produced by the professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions company Experis in association with employer brand and communications agency ThirtyThree.
A temporary staffing agency sued by its workers for not paying overtime failed to register to do business in Massachusetts and meet requirements of a year-old law regulating these companies, according to the state Labor Department.
Midlands based engineering recruitment company Eloco LLP established in July 2013, are celebrating a successful first 8 months in business by moving to larger office space in Birmingham City Centre, ready for the expansion of the Eloco brand.