Employment Minister Mark Hoban signs partnership agreement between the REC and Jobcentre Plus
Employment Minister Mark Hoban signs partnership agreement between the Recruitment and Employment Confederation and Jobcentre Plus
Employment Minister Mark Hoban visited the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)’s offices on Friday to sign a partnership agreement between the REC and Jobcentre Plus.
REC and Jobcentre Plus have renewed an agreement that their organisations will work together sharing their expertise and knowledge to help employers and job seekers around the UK.
REC Chief Executive Kevin Green said: “Ensuring that there is strong cooperation between public and private sector is crucial and has already delivered real progress over recent years.
“As well as exchanging regular jobs market intelligence, the aim of the national level partnership agreement is to drive engagement on a local level between recruitment agencies and Jobcentre Plus. Our shared goal is to provide the best possible support and opportunities for jobseekers.”
The focus of the agreement will be to:
• help people into work by giving them the right support and the best opportunities for training and jobs
• share expertise to create the best ways of helping people back into work.
• deliver a professional service that will show the positive results that recruitment agencies and Jobcentre Plus achieve every day.
• promote the benefits of a diverse workforce by offering employers clear guidance and support to attract and recruit the widest possible range of people seeking work.
• share good practice and promote initiatives that can make a difference to employers and jobseekers
• act as champions against discrimination and challenge unfair employment policies