Sagent Recruitment Opens With A Flourish
Sagent Recruitment Opens With A Flourish
A bold new player enters the engineering market: We are pleased to announce the establishment of Sagent Recruitment, a specialist in aerospace, automotive, energy and general engineering. Forming a management breakout from a £100 million technical agency when it was sold to a global Japanese staffing firm in 2012, the founders of Sagent bring together almost 40 years’ combined expertise in the UK, Europe, the Middle East and the US. Having built successful recruitment businesses in the past, Greet Brosens and Michele Garrigan set up Sagent with the explicit purpose of combining best practice with practical results, capitalising on the power of relationships whilst embracing technological innovation.
Innovative Sourcing Solutions:
& lsquo;Over the past decade the UK recruitment industry has become fragmented by two competing drivers: increasingly specialised technical sectors requiring rare skillsets at one end of the market, and at the other end, a drive to cut costs by standardising the hiring process into bland uniformity’ says Sagent founder Greet Brosens.
Clients in the technical fields typically have limited options when hiring: the high volume, RPO-model of automated recruitment for more generic roles, or the high-touch, costly executive search model for key hard-to-find skills. The founders of Sagent don’t believe clients should struggle to align their requirements to the suppliers’ standard model – in today’s global economy, innovation is key, and requires innovative recruitment solutions.
Sagent has a highly educated, creative team of recruitment professionals who are committed to breaking the mould in the engineering recruitment arena. The company can offer a recruitment solution designed around the client’s needs, which might include:
• Technical Management Executive Search
• Predictive Talent Pools
• Go-to-Market Mapping
• discreet white-labelled full-process outsourcing
The Institution of Engineering and Technology reports that just 6% of the engineering workforce is female. This is unchanged from last year and an increase of just 1% since 2008. Sagent’s Executive Board members fundamentally support the career development of females in engineering and other technical industries, from entry-level through to senior management roles.
& lsquo;Where the technology skills gap is a growing danger to the UK economy, closing the gender gap will make a dramatic difference to companies wanting to move up the UK value chain, maintain a competitive edge and meet increasingly sophisticated global demand’, says founder Michele Garrigan.
Sagent is proud to be certified by WE Connect International, a pioneer in inclusive sourcing and global supplier development whose corporate members represent $700 billion in annual purchasing power. Since 2009 WE Connect has provided certification, resources, mentoring and peer/corporate connections to businesses based outside the United States that are majority owned, managed and controlled by women.
The Executive Directors:
• held senior roles over the past 18 years with Robert Half, Badenoch & Clark and Alexander Mann Solutions
• previously Managing Director, EMEA, of Advantage Technical Resourcing
• extensive experience delivering cutting-edge talent acquisition solutions to multinational companies
• expertise in turnaround and change, coaching and mentoring executive management teams, recruitment strategy and branding, and C-level business development in the UK and Europe
• Master’s degree in Applied Economics degree from Catholic University Leuven in Belgium, followed by a European Master’s degree in Law and Economics from the University of Oxford
• accredited Senior Practitioner in Coaching & Mentoring, and speaks several languages
• 17 years’ experience in financial markets, technology, commerce & industry and IT consultancy
• held senior strategic and operational roles within highly specialised recruitment companies, where she developed innovative service propositions including managed services, near-shore/off-shore delivery teams and strategic business partnerships with companies in the UK, USA and Europe
• opened offices and established thriving businesses in Paris, Munich, Bucharest and Singapore
• US-qualified lawyer, skilled in highly analytical planning and execution to optimise long-term gains in performance, revenues and profitability
• studied at Bryn Mawr and Harvard in America, where she gained a degree in Urban Development, followed by a Juris Doctor degree from Temple University in Philadelphia
Sagent Recruitment is a corporate member of The Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCo), the Institute of Recruiters (IoR), and is working toward 100% staff-certification the British Institute of Business Ethics (IBE) – the first UK recruitment company to gain full Ethics Champion recognition for all its employees.
Above all, Sagent’s founders believe in the power of conversation: if you’re interested in the impact a women-owned recruitment business can make in the engineering and technical field, let’s talk&hellip