Beach is ideal office view, survey finds
Pod Space - inspirational workspace survey analysis
National results, compiled 8th January 2014. Survey conducted amongst 1,023 people in the UK.
Which of the following views do you think would be the most inspirational, from a workplace window?
· Beach / sea view 38%
· Rolling hills / countryside 35%
· On to a forest 13%
· Sprawling cityscape 12%
· Vehicle access routes / on to the open road 4%
Which style of furniture would make you feel the most inspired in the workplace?
· Contemporary and colourful furniture 27%
· Luxury and leather furniture 26%
· Reclaimed / antique furniture 22%
· Standard, no-frills office furniture 14%
· Chrome / space age furniture 11%
Which modern convenience do you believe would most fuel creativity and productivity in the workplace?
· Coffee machine 40%
· Shared music system 28%
· Interactive whiteboard 14%
· Designated brainstorm area (high tables, no chairs to
promote creative thinking) 10%
· Games console 8%
Which style of partitioning between colleagues would keep them as focused and as enthused as possible, in your opinion?
· No partitioning but separate workspaces / desks etc. 40%
· Desk partitioning to eye level 20%
· Floor to ceiling partitioning between each employee 16%
· No partitioning and shared workspaces for multiple
· employees to work from at any one time 13%
· Remote working - each employee works from their
· own home and uses voice / video calls as necessary 11%
What single item or feature in your workspace would help keep you the most inspired and motivated?
Recurring requests: a cat, photographs, a jukebox, a hammock, plants, a comfy chair,
inspirational posters e.g. & lsquo;You can do it – believe in yourself!’
Anomalies: a buffet, a model of the Starship Enterprise, pictures of White Snake rock singer David Coverdale.