Recruiting from Silicon Beach - Today, We Launch ConSol Partners LLC!
On Monday 6th January 2014, ConSol Partners LLC was born in Santa Monica, Los Angeles. We have been getting our base-tans ready and hitting the gym hard in preparation for rubbing shoulders with celebs, serial entrepreneurs and socialites with perfect teeth. It goes without saying that the LA lifestyle seems like a living vacation beautiful beaches, fantastic nightlife and one of the best climates in the world. But beneath the glamorous surface of Los Angeles living there is something going on which is even more appealing to the team here at ConSol. Something really exciting that we arereally looking forward to being a part of.
In the first half of 2013, a few things happened in LA:
- 94 new companies were launched
- Over $500m in capital was invested across 92 different firms
- 8 companies exited for a collective sum of $153m
Notable residents include;
- Snapchat the immensely popular photo-messaging app recently scoffed at an offer from Facebook to acquire them for $3billion
- OpenX start-up Ad Technology leaders currently listed by Deloitte as the 3rd fastest growing US software company.
- Daqui Super-cool augmented reality platform whose products are poised to hit Google Glass and really blur the lines between digital and reality.
- Google Their presence in LA is substantial and growing all the time. A quick search of their careers website pulls up 33 current openings in the LA branch.
However, there are some sceptics. Some local tech moguls resent the term Silicon Beach as it implies an association with Silicon Valley. LA differentiates itself from its San Francisco counterpart in that the business-demographic is a melting pot of media, technology and services companies punctuated with venture capitalists and accelerators. This creates a nurturing environment for tech start-ups both in a practical sense and in terms of inspiration. The proximity to Hollywood naturally gives way to a media culture, an indeed there is a significant proportion of media, advertising and digital technology companies.
The growing buzz and migration of start-ups to Silicon Beach defined as the 3 mile stretch between Santa Monica and Venice is so strong at the moment that its even difficult to secure office space. We have been lucky enough to secure premises right in the heart of Santa Monica, just two blocks from the beach. Landlords arent accustomed to having leases reviewed at length as young, hungry start up owners are eager snap up property. Setting up a branch 5000 miles from home was always going to be a challenge all the usual stresses and pains of employer engagements like insurance, compliance, hiring, and HR are amplified and policies are alien on the other side of the world.
ConSol already have US client base, and with increasing West Coast presence we are immersing ourselves in Santa Monicas entrepreneurial energy. New York might seem to beckon but is a stifling environment for tech start-ups as they compete with financial giants for talent and investment. By sharing a Zip Code with the most up and coming tech innovators in the US right now, we can contribute to the future of technology by helping the fastest growing innovators on their doorsteps.