BCL Legal sponsors Sheffield & District Junior Lawyers Division election night
The event, which took place at Vodka Revolution in the city centre, attracted the cream of the region’s young legal talent and included the election itself and a drinks reception.
Each candidate who was up for election had to work in the legal profession and be no more than five years’ post qualified. On the evening, candidates gave a short speech explaining what they could bring to the committee and why they should be elected. The newly elected committee is as follow:
• President – Stacey Hanson, Paralegal, Irwin Mitchell
• Secretary – Amy Barrow, Trainee Solicitor, Irwin Mitchell
• Treasurer – Henry Hill, Trainee Solicitor, HLW Keeble Hawson
• Education Rep – Rachel Fitzgerald, Trainee Solicitor, Irwin Mitchell
• Events Rep – Sherelle O’Brien, Paralegal, HLW Keeble Hawson
• Sponsorship Rep – Ashleigh Carr, Trainee Solicitor, Irwin Mitchell
• Social Responsibility Rep – Catherine Slattery, Trainee Solicitor, Irwin Mitchell
• FELT (firms with eight or less trainees) Rep – Polly Coram, Trainee Solicitor, Bell & Buxton
The Sheffield and District Junior Lawyers Division promotes the interests of junior lawyers in the Sheffield region and provides members with a forum to develop relationships within the legal community.
The aim of the committee, which is elected annually, is to offer members new and exciting events, seminars and workshops that are aimed at developing skills, offering support/advice and a place for like-minded individuals to come together and share experiences.
Rozie Rhodes, senior associate at BCL Legal, said: “We are big supporters of the Sheffield and District Junior Lawyers Divisionso wewere delighted to get involved in this year’s election. Ciaran Dearden - the outgoing president and his team – did an amazing job during their tenure and I’m sure Stacey Hanson and her new colleagues will build on that success to make the organisation even more relevant and dynamic than it already is.”