Eight face trafficking charges following Devon operation
The five women and three men are charged with conspiracy to traffic persons into the UK for the purpose of labour exploitation.
They appeared before Plymouth Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Those charged are:
• Lenka Cmejlova, 32, of Union Street, Plymouth.
• Jiri Sebelik, 37, of Union Street, Plymouth.
• Martin Tancos, 35, of Saltash Road, Plymouth.
• Katerina Kuriova, 35, of Saltash Road, Keyham, Plymouth.
• Nela Dzurkova, 26, of Ford Park Road, Plymouth.
• Petr Tancos, 35, of Ford Park Road, Plymouth
• Sandra Tancosova, 25, of Flora Court, Plymouth
• Ruzena Tancosova, 34, of Union Street, Plymouth
The eight people were arrested on Tuesday (16 September) by police in a joint operation with Plymouth City Council, the National Crime Agency, the Gangmasters Licensing Authority, The Salvation Army, The British Red Cross and the Department for Work and Pensions.
Eight suspected victims of human trafficking were recovered by police and partner agencies and remain in the care of Plymouth City Council, The Salvation Army and the British Red Cross.