First Freelance joins REC business partnership scheme
An accountancy firm specialising in tailored accounting and tax services to contractors and support to recruiters across the UK, First Freelance is one of only a few firms to be accredited by the Freelancer & Contractor Services Association (FCSA) and has recently been awarded the Cabinet Office award for Customer Service Excellence (CSE).
REC chief executive Kevin Green said, “By bringing First Freelance on board we’re connecting our members to a team who can provide support with all of the processes around supplying temporary workers. We know that there are over a million people on temporary assignments on any given day, and it’s vital that best practice is upheld at all stages. We’re looking forward to working with First Freelance to help recruiters do what they do best.”
First Freelance managing director Mark Beal-Preston said, “We are proud to have been recognised and selected by the REC for our innovative services and professional standards. The REC is aligned with our own values and commitment to integrity, good practice and compliance, so it’s a perfect fit with our firm’s aspirations. We are fully committed to providing outstanding support to REC members.’’
First Freelance provide specialist advisors to help contractors comply with HMRC’s rules, and help recruitment businesses ensure that their flexible workforce supply chain is operating efficiently, legally and without risk. As part of the Business Partnership scheme, First Freelance is offering REC members:
• Guidance and personalised reports for contractors to give them a clear understanding of their options, empowering them to choose the most suitable working arrangement or service, and ensuring they operate in the most compliant and tax efficient way.
• Financial health checks for contractors to help them understand their current position and steps to maintain or improve their financial well-being.
• A training session to enhance recruiters’ understanding, from a selection of workshops covering the latest compliance and tax legislation.
• A consultancy session to help recruiters understand, identify and mitigate financial and reputational risks from non-compliance in the supply chain.
• Assessment of agencies’ finance function covering financial and cash flow planning, reporting, performance metrics and corporate structure.
For more information go to the business partner section on the REC website or visit www.firstfreelance.com