ITs not just for the boys! event runs for the 6th year
The careers event supports the demand for more female undergraduates within the technology sector. It places successful female students face-to face with recruiters so they can further understand the benefits, rewards and challenges of the industry.
The event, now in its 6th year, has attracted thousands of female students and a record number of businesses dedicated to shaping the recruitment landscape.
IT’s not just for the boys! is offered to students four times a year, with over 30 recruiters involved. The six key features of the programme have been honed to make it even more successful in attracting and engaging female students. These include:
1. Involvement of leading employers, such as Deloitte, offering selected students unique experiences such as the opportunity to visit their offices and meet key personnel
2. Motivational talks on self-fulfilment, personal power and life choices.
3. Interactive technology focused “team challenge” that engage students in real work-life scenarios.
4. Skills building sessions with tips on applying for graduate schemes and placements.
5. Q&A sessions involving senior female leaders from the technology industry.
6. Break-out sessions to learn about roles within individual organisations.
“Many talented female undergraduates never consider technology careers and that’s why these events are so important,” says Rob Fryer, head of student recruitment at Deloitte. “The value in employing more females is critical to bringing diverse thought and perspective to our organisation.”
Keynote speaker at the March 2015 event, and partner in Deloitte’s consulting practice, Lorraine Barnes adds “A successful career in technology relies on a great network. The more mentors and role models you can surround yourself with, the better. Deloitte is proud to partner with GTI Media in building relationships between highly talented female undergraduates and inspirational women in the workplace.”
“We are delighted to continue working with Deloitte on this event programme” says Kirsty Drummond, TARGETjobs Events account director. “Deloitte has an exciting range of technology programmes on offer and a reputable network of highly successful females who are able to truly inspire the women who come to our events.”
Educating potential talent is the cornerstone of each one-day IT’s not just for the boys! programme. Its distinguished list of committed supporters includes Deloitte, (lead partner for the second year running), Accenture, Bloomberg, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Capital One, Citi, CGI, Close Brothers, EMC, Expedia, HP, IBM, J.P.Morgan, New Voice Media, National Grid, PGDS, PwC, RBS, Royal Mail, Sky, SunGard, Thoughtworks, Vodafone and Tesco.