Glassdoor reveals 20 companies’ job perks and benefits
With a third (34%) of people reporting benefits and perks being among their top considerations before accepting a job, some employers are pushing the boat out when it comes to perks they offer to attract top talent, according to Glassdoor.
Benefits reviews on Glassdoor revealed these perks and benefits offered by 20 companies:
1. Huddle gives employees a £5,000 joining bonus called a ‘Huddle Cuddle’, as well as a gift worth £500 every year.
2. TranserWise takes all staff away on annual, all-expenses-paid company holidays.
3. Airbnb offers staff employees $2,000 (£1,413) to travel and see the world.
4. Skyscanner has negotiated employee discounts at the local pub and beauty salon.
5. The Body Shop pays for five volunteering days per year.
6. Peninsula Business Services lays on a Christmas party for employees’ children.
7. AutoTrader UK has a Wine Club, giving employees discounted wine delivered to their door every month.
8. Jive Software offers staff free food including Bacon Thursday and Hot Food Friday, healthy snacks, free drinks including soft drinks, beers on tap and coffee.
9. Opus Professional Services has a villa in Italy that employees can use free of charge whenever they want.
10. Visualsoft offers unlimited holiday time and unmonitored flexitime, allowing staff to take the time off that they need.
11. CA Technologies helps parents out with an on-site Montessori day care facility.
12. Rackspace offers employees an extra day off for their birthday.
13. Allen & Overy provides a GP and dentist on-site, helping to keep employees’ health in tip-top condition.
14. Pentland Brands provides an on-site swimming pool, gym, tennis court and football pitch.
15. ARM Holdings offers employees a 4-week sabbatical for every 4 years of service.
16. ASOS employees benefit from a 40% discount on website purchases.
17. Swinton Insurance gives employees an additional day’s holiday for Christmas shopping.
18. Google provides employees with free food while they are at work, with a range of different cuisines on offer.
19. Jagex offers staff free bicycle repairs at the office, encouraging them to cycle to work and keep fit.
20. Holiday Extras hires out a cinema every year and offers a free film showing to all employees and their families.
Joe Wiggins, Glassdoor career analyst, said, "Perks might get people in the door, but when it comes to what keeps employees at companies and satisfied on the job, it’s a different story. According to Glassdoor Economic Research, culture and values, career opportunities and senior leadership are the most important factors in cultivating employee satisfaction, which can directly impact employee retention. Thus, while benefits and perks are a great way to get employees interested in a company, they’re not among the leading factors that keep employees satisfied on the job long-term."