2016 Talent Unleashed Awards finalists announced
An esteemed judging panel of technology figureheads and entrepreneurs, including Apple Co-founder, Steve Wozniak, and Virgin founder, Sir Richard Branson, have chosen some of Europe’s brightest tech stars as finalists for this year’s Talent Unleashed Awards.
Now in its fifth year, Talent Unleashed is an awards programme that recognises outstanding start-ups and inspiring entrepreneurs dedicated to transforming business and the wider community through technological innovation.
Jon Butterfield, EMEA CEO at event organisers Talent International, said, “As a technology awards programme, Talent Unleashed is unique, not only for its global outreach and stellar judges but for the quality and diversity of its entrants. This year has been no exception. We have some amazing technology companies from across Europe and some truly disruptive technology leaders and I can’t wait for the awards.”
The 2016 Talent Unleashed Awards finalists are as follows:
Best Start-Up – Social Impact
- Perpetual V2G Systems Ltd
- Squirrel Financial Wellbeing
Best Start-Up – Tech Innovation
· Sup app
Best Digital SME – Tech Innovation
· Growth Engineering Limited
· Lost My Name
· Therapy Box
Most Disruptive CIO / CTO
· Jora Gill - The Economist
· Mariano Albera – Ovo Energy
· Rachel Dunscombe – Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
Best Tech IPO / Venture Capital Raising
- tado GmbH
The finalists of the Talent Unleashed Awards have been selected by the international judging panel, including:
- Steve Wozniak (Co-founder, Apple)
- Sir Richard Branson (Founder, Virgin)
- Jane Tewson (Founder, Comic Relief)
- Gerard Grech (CEO, Tech City)
- Rebecca Burn-Callander (Enterprise editor, The Telegraph)
- Stephen Foreshew-Cain (Executive director, Government Digital Service)
- Nicola Mendelsohn (VP Europe, Facebook)
- Mayank Prakash (Director general of technology, DWP)
- Jonathan Vardon (Chief information officer, CCD at Provident Financial)
All European finalists are invited to attend the exclusive European Regional Finals event in London on Thursday 21st July, where the winner in each category will be announced.
European regional winners will then proceed to compete against the regional winners from across Asia-Pacific; making a final pitch to the judges at the global finals event in Sydney on 18th August. At the global event, Wozniak will be present to provide direct feedback to the finalists and award the overall grand prize winners.
The global grand prize winner of each category will win one-on-one time with Wozniak, a trip to a cutting-edge technology conference and a bespoke tour of some of Silicon Valley’s tech companies.