Brightwork wins Socially Responsible Recruitment Agency award
Brightwork has been awarded the UK's Most Recognised Socially Responsible Recruitment Agency at the 2016 Recruitment Awards ceremony run by Corporate Vision Magazine.
The awards highlight the increasingly prominent role of agencies in the hiring process, and the industry’s reputation for diligence, dedication and intuition. They are designed to focus on the people who have driven this reputation.
Derek May (pictured), chief executive of Brightwork, said, "Congratulations to both the directors and the staff for this confirmation of their transparent commitment to the finest principles of corporate social responsibility.
"Their activities, often undertaken in their own time, make a real difference to the lives of some of the most vulnerable people in the communities in which Brightwork operates across the UK."
Examples of Brightwork staff's activities include:
· Supporting young engineers at Woodfarm High School, East Renfrewshire, in their successful bid to reach the global finals of a renewable energy competition with their sustainable energy vehicle project;
· Encouraging Brightwork staff to undertake voluntary projects at full pay throughout Scotland
· Matching refugees and asylum seekers with willing employers;
· Working with Volunteer Glasgow, the long-established charity organisation;
· Becoming a charity partner with the Scottish Centre for Children with Motor Impairments.
Steve Simpson, Corporate Vision Awards co-ordinator, commented, "This awards programme recognises the hard work, professionalism and dedication of those whose role it is to keep the global job market moving. It is my great honour to turn the spotlight on our deserving winners, and I would like to wish them the best of fortune in the future."