Connecting to LinkedIn...

W1siziisijiwmtcvmtavmtyvmtavmjevntkvmtgwl0jyawdodhdvcmsgu2hhbibtywjhihbpyy5qcgcixsxbinailcj0ahvtyiisijewmdb4ndawxhuwmdnlil1d

Brightwork helps PeoplePlus bringing employer-focused apprenticeships to Scotland

PeoplePlus is bringing its brand of employer-focused apprenticeships and training north of the border in partnership with Glasgow-and-Edinburgh-based recruitment agency Brightwork.


PeoplePlus has been delivering apprenticeship services and training for England, Wales and Northern Ireland as prime provider on behalf of the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), as part of its Work Programme. The award of the contract to deliver apprenticeship training will be the company’s first foray into Scotland.


Kerry Clayton, director of apprenticeships at PeoplePlus, said, “What we’re bringing to Scottish businesses, is the kind of service that businesses in England and Wales have been enjoying for some time. We provide employer led apprenticeship provision.


“We have experience in establishing the employer’s needs, and working to fulfil them with a targeted and tailored provision of bespoke training to upskill existing staff or support with the training of new staff. The key is ensuring training is about meeting the needs of the business, and showing a return in investment.”


Shan Saba (pictured), director at Brightwork, added, “There are differences in apprenticeship policies and practice north and south of the border, such as Skills Development Scotland (SDS) funding 100% of training costs of 16 – 24 year olds. Apprenticeships in England are now either funded entirely by employers through their levy payments or for SME’s through a 10% contribution from the employer with the other 90% being funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).


“We are looking forward to helping PeoplePlus provide Scotland’s businesses with the high quality of apprenticeship training and provision that has been enjoyed south of the border.”


Joe Mitchell, the new Scottish apprenticeships manager at PeoplePlus, will be working from Brightwork’s offices to take advantage of its familiarity with the Scottish recruitment landscape and expertise in apprenticeships.


Articles similar to PeoplePlus

Articles similar to Brightwork