Telesales Representative (Customer Recruiter)
|Location: Buckfastleigh, Devon
|Posted: 7 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Telesales Representative (Customer Recruiter)
We’re mad about organic veg. It’s at the core of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into boxes and deliver it to customers’ doorsteps around the UK. This takes a lot of brilliant people, with a range of skills and knowledge.
Riverford began in 1986, with a few acres of veg, a wheelbarrow and a beaten up 2CV for deliveries. We’ve grown into a successful e-commerce business, with four farms, three packhouses, a fleet of vans and drivers, a wholesalers, butchery, organic restaurant and pub. We employ people across many areas including IT, Logistics, Sales, HR, Finance and Marketing (and more besides).
Our culture and values set us apart from other businesses. Riverford is a friendly, informal place to work, with a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit. We’re committed to providing a fair deal for growers, customers and staff.
What you’ll be doing
We are now looking for a Customer Recruiter who thrives on making sales to come and join the Riverford team at our farm near Buckfastleigh. The majority of the time you will be on the phone; talking to potential new customers (warm leads) about the benefits of ordering from us or talking to customers that have stopped ordering from us, trying to find out the reasons why they have left us and working with them to find a product that encourages them back to a regular order. This is a great opportunity for someone who genuinely enjoys sales to sell a product which is ethical, healthy and fun.
You will need to be engaging over the phone and use your great communication skills and ability to overcome objections, to explain just how tasty and fresh our veg boxes are. Your knowledge of the stories behind the product will mean that people want to try our products and order from us; there is a passionate community of growers, franchisees, customers, staff and cooks all involved with Riverford which creates a great buzz about our products and our customers love receiving their veg boxes straight to their door. You may have worked in an outbound role before, or in face to face sales; what’s important to us is that you are able convey what is great about our products to our customers and that you have an appetite for closing sales. The position is mainly telephone-based, but there may also be some opportunities to work at farm open days, shows and events, and on door-to-door work, spreading the word about Riverford and signing up new customers.
This is a permanent part time contract, 20 hours a week, based at Wash Barn, Buckfastleigh, Devon, TQ11 0JU
Standard Working Hours; Monday 3:30pm-7:30pm, Tuesday 3:30pm-7:30pm, Wednesday 9:30am-1:30pm, Thursday 3:30pm-7:30pm and Friday 3:30pm-7:30pm
• Calls to customers who have stopped taking a box, to understand why and see whether we can win them back
• Calls to potential new customers using different data sets e.g. leads generated at shows and farm events or through promotions, overcoming objections to turn these leads into sales.
Improving how we work
• Working with the rest of the team to improve how we approach customers, using intelligence gained from customers to improve our service and product
• Contributing ideas to develop our sales strategy
• Help in other areas of the business as required e.g. in the week before Christmas when we know that it isn’t the best time to contact potential customers
The list above is only a guideline and the role will evolve over time; like all successful businesses, we need to respond as our market changes. We look for all staff to be flexible, to use their initiative, challenge the status quo and come up with ideas of how we can do things better.
Skills & experience
• Experience and proven success in generating sales; this could be over the phone or face-to-face
• Administrative experience.
• Articulate and communicative with a clear and fluent standard of spoken English, an engaging manner and an enjoyment of talking to people.
• Confident in making outbound calls, establishing a dialogue, overcoming objections and closing sales.
• Able to work both on own initiative and within a team environment.
• Organised with excellent attention to detail; our customers like to find out about our products.
• IT literate and able to navigate our software quickly and effectively to ensure maximum efficiency.
• Sales training an advantage.
• Target driven and a real appetite for sales and delivering results.
• Flexible approach to work. Driven/motivated, reliable, enthusiastic and able to develop an interest in what we do, i.e. food and farming. Sense of humour, and friendly personality.
• Be someone who likes food and to cook and can share their enthusiasm with customers
• Emotionally resilient; someone who remains positive, even if several calls in a row are not successful.
• Team player, good sense of humour, polite and helpful disposition, hardworking, efficient and organised.
• Basic salary of £8919.22 per annum + O.T.E increasing after 3 months to £9142.20 + O.T.E
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people – and other benefits too. We offer 15.5 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), a generous company pension scheme and an annual profit share. We love food and hope you do too, so we give staff 25% off everything we sell on our website; heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches in the staff canteen; and free organic fruit and veg. There are also many social events for staff, with two big parties a year