The role is to work alongside the UK Country Manager and the UK team to increase sales revenue for all of RI’s products and services including our on and offline advertising as well as a high number of conferences and forums.
We are a growing business to business company based in central Woking that specialises in the global recruitment industry. In the UK we publish a monthly magazine which is in both printed and digital formats as well as daily news emails and a large number of events throughout the year. We also have operations in Asia, Australia and currently expanding into new territoriies.
Your duties will be varied and will include:
Advertising & media sales
- Talking with clients to sell advertising space in the monthly magazine, our website and in our daily news emails.
- Finding out who controls the advertising budget in target organisations and contacting them
- Price negotiation.
- Closing the deal and recording the details.
- Researching the market to identify target clients.
- Provide information to recruitment agencies and suppliers on upcoming features in the magazine in order to gain their comment and ensure sales opportunities are not missed.
- Deal with all incoming sales enquiries.
- Arrange face to face meetings where appropriate for UK Country Manager.
- Chase up on all incoming leads – these will be provided by editorial and other members of the team.
- Working with clients to ensure their organisation is promoted to the fullest through our various channels.
You must be happy and confident over the phone as this is where most of your time will be spent initially both securing existing business and managing customer expectations.
Attitude is extremely important, you will be confident, outgoing and looking for a role where you can be challenged and progressed. Working in a small organisation provides great advantages as you are able to get involved with every aspect of the business. You will definitely have a pride in providing the best service possible.
You will be targeted but must be a self-starter. You will not be micro managed nor given rigid KPIs and after you have initially proved yourself you will be given full autonomy in order to make this role your own. There will always be room for career progression as the business grows.
Basic salary a-nd commission all negotiable for the right person.
Basic salary £18-20k - commission uncapped - min £10k
20 days holiday plus close down for Christmas and New Year
Hours 9am to 5pm – with one hour lunch
Town Centre Location
Potential for International progression