Graduate Recruitment Consultant
|Location: City of London
|Salary: £20000 - £45000/annum
|Posted: about 1 month ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Graduate Recruitment Consultant
£20-25k base plus uncapped OTE
At SuperGrad we help kick start the careers of the highest performing graduates by finding their perfect match in the recruitment industry.
A graduate recruitment consultant is the perfect position for a recent graduate who is looking for a challenging and rewarding career in sales/recruitment. To be successful as a graduate recruitment consultant, you must be hard-working and driven to succeed. It is more about your mindset and attitude to life than your past experiences.
Recruitment is first and foremost a sales role: you sell your clients a job, and to your clients you sell a person. So what does a graduate recruitment consultant do:
* Sourcing candidates through a range of online platforms, such as LinkedIn or CV databases, or from the company database.
* Cold-call potential candidates at their desk to recruit them for a specific job.
* Contact potential clients to initiate new relationships and business development opportunities.
* Arrange to meet your clients and candidates at their offices and throughout the City.
* Manage candidates through the interview and hiring process, as well as being a mediator in negotiations once a candidate has been offered.
Recruitment is one of the most progressive and rewarding careers out there and perfect way for any graduate to start their career. So what do you actually get for being a graduate recruitment consultant:
* A starting salary of £20-25k and uncapped OTE. Most graduates will earn at least £35k in commission in their first year, but many will earn far above this.
* As we work with small, niche recruitment companies, career progression is quick, with the option to progress to Senior Recruitment Consultant or even Team Leader within a matter of years.
* Many of our clients offer great benefits to graduate recruitment consultants, from gym memberships, trips abroad and company holidays, and to monthly lunch clubs.
* Other benefits may include flexible working hours and duvet days - all ensuring you want to come into work on Monday morning.
Recruitment is mostly about your mindset going into work, so what do you need to become a successful graduate recruitment consultant:
* Ambition: the most ambitious graduates, who want to progress in their career quickly, will perform the highest in recruitment.
* Hard-working: a history that shows you are hard-working. Whether you worked 30 hours a week during your degree or started work when you were 15, there are many ways you can provide evidence for this.
* Competitive nature: recruitment is extremely competitive. Whether you did a lot of sport at University, were an elected student rep or have experience working in a KPI driven environment, a competitive attitude is vital to succeed in recruitment.
* Money motivated: a drive to earn money will help you do well as graduate recruitment consultant.
* Resilience: any sales role means constant rejection. You have to show resilience to be successful.
* Sales experience: whether you did promotion work for a night club at uni, worked as a student ambassador or you have worked against targets, they will all help you when become a graduate recruitment consultant.
If you are a recent graduate and believe you are a super grad, apply today to become a graduate recruitment consultant.
SuperGrad is London's leading provider of graduates to the recruitment industry. We have a track-record of placing high performing candidates into high-performing recruitment consultancy firms in the City. The graduates we place often out-perform their peers placed through other recruitment companies and go on to become the best consultants in their company. SuperGrad places candidate into recruitment roles in financial recruitment, sustainability recruitment, technology recruitment and many other sectors