Graduate Recruitment Consultant - Executive Search
|Location: City of London
|Salary: £20000 - £25000/annum OTE £45,000 IN YEAR 1
|Posted: 14 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Graduate Consultant - Executive Search
£20-25k base plus uncapped OTE
At SuperGrad we help kick start the careers of the highest performing graduates by finding their perfect match in the recruitment industry.
This position as a Graduate Consultant is with an elite Executive Search firm where you will be recruiting board-level and other senior-level positions for the highest performing financial firms in the City. Our client will provide you with all the training and knowledge you need to become successful..
Recruitment is first and foremost a sales role: you sell your clients a job, and to your clients you sell a person.
* Sourcing candidates through online platforms, such as LinkedIn or CV databases, or name gathering
* Cold-call potential candidates at their desk to recruit them for a specific job.
* Business develop potential clients to initiate new relationships.
* Arrange to meet your clients and candidates at their offices and throughout The City.
* Manage candidates through the interview and hiring process, as well as being a mediator in negotiations once a candidate has been offered.
In return you will get:
A starting salary of £20-25k and uncapped OTE. Most graduates will earn at least £45k in commission in their first year, but many will earn far above this.
* Career progression with the option to progress to Senior Consultant or even Team Leader within a matter of years.
* Great benefitsfrom gym memberships, trips abroad and company holidays, and to monthly lunch clubs.
Recruitment is mostly about your mind-set going into work, so what do you need to become a successful graduate consultant:
* Ambition: the most ambitious graduates, who want to progress in their career quickly, will perform the highest in recruitment.
* Hard-working: a history that shows you are hard-working. Whether you worked 30 hours a week during your degree or started work when you were 15, there are many ways you can provide evidence for this.
* Competitive nature: recruitment is extremely competitive. Whether you did a lot of sport, were an elected rep or have experience working in a KPI driven environment, a competitive attitude is vital.
* Money motivated: a drive to earn money will help you do well as graduate consultant.
* Resilience: any sales role means constant rejection. You have to show resilience to be successful.
* Sales experience: whether you did promotion work for a night club at uni, worked as a student ambassador or you have worked towards targets, they will all help you.
We regularly recruit into the following positions:
Trainee recruitment consultant, recruitment researcher, recruitment resourcer, recruitment consultant, senior recruitment consultant, managing recruitment consultant, principal recruitment consultant, trainee sales consultant, sales consultant, business development consultant, account manager.
…and we regularly work with clients in the following areas:
Finance, Marketing, Media, Digital, Professional Services, FMCG, Technology, Big Data, Telecommunications, Project / Change Management, Financial Transformation, Legal, Insurance, CSR & Sustainability, Multi-lingual positions, Investment Banking, Creative, PR, Financial Services, Consultancy, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Medical Sales, Logistics / Supply Chain, Property, Not-for Profit, Oil, Gas & Energy.
SuperGrad is London's leading provider of graduates to the recruitment industry. We have a track-record of placing high performing candidates into high-performing recruitment consultancy firms in the City. The graduates we place often out-perform their peers placed through other recruitment companies and go on to become the best consultants in their company