HR Recruitment Campaign Officer
|Location: Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire
|Salary: £10.50 - £13.07/hour
|Posted: 11 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
HR Recruitment Campaign Officer - Human Resources
Central Bedfordshire Council
Must have recruitment (or HR Admin) experience, able to prioritise and manage a high volume workload, excellent attention to detail, confident and efficient. Assignment may be extended longer.
Central Bedfordshire Council
JOB TITLE: HR Recruitment Campaign Officer
DIRECTORATE: Improvement & Corporate Services
SERVICE: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Senior HR Services Manager
To support the provision of an efficient and ‘customer focused’ recruitment service to the Council. This will include managing recruitment campaigns on a day to day basis in an proactive way that support the Councils in recruiting the right talent.
1. Provide high quality business focused HR advice and support taking into account current employment legislation, business needs, good practice and policies and procedures.
2. Deliver a ’first class’ service supporting and advising on all aspect of the recruitment journey including advertising, selection, offer, branding, checks, talent pool management, and on boarding, including timely processing of employment checks and contracts of employment.
3. Develop and ensure systems maintenance to support in the delivery of activities and make appropriate and effective use of management information to deploy appropriate recruitment channels.
4. Make the best use of talent pools in planning a recruitment campaign.
5. Manage the redeployment process on a weekly basis inline with agreed policies.
6. Carry out market research into local and national resourcing initiatives analysis trends and best practice to use to develop appropriate plans.
7. Attend and develop interview/selection panels as appropriate e.g. advise on redeployment interviews and participate and develop and run recruitment activities, events, assessment centres and recruitment fairs.
8. Work effectively with our recruitment partners in managing campaigns e.g. advertising agency, JC +.
9. To continually monitor and report on service provision and quality, introducing more effective ways of working where appropriate, and reporting on performance against agreed targets.
10. Carry out project work as agreed
11. Keep up to date with legislative changes, current trends and HR best practice.
The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required within the grading level of the post and the competence of the post holder.
Essential Criteria Desirable Criteria
1. Qualifications • Educated to A Level standard or equivalent e.g. NVQ level 3.
• Evidence of on-going continuous professional development • Certificate in Personnel Practice [CPP] or working towards qualification
• Level A&B psychometric testing
2. Relevant Experience
• Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary HR environment
• Experience of providing professional advice to a range of customers
• Experience of managing a diverse and heavy workload with tight deadlines
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and procedures
Proven track record of delivering HR solutions in the field of recruitment.
• Knowledge of the latest thinking and trends in human resources and organization development
• Experience of local authority working.
3. Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of HR policies, practices and current employment legislation including Employment, Data Protection and Equal Opportunities legislation.
• Ability to prioritise work effectively and deal with conflicting priorities.
• Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages.
• Proficient use of HR databases and e-recruitment systems
• Understanding of customer’s needs and shows a willingness to take appropriate, proactive action to assist/help resolve any customer issues/needs.
• Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Shows initiative and takes appropriate action without needing direction and instructions from others.
• Demonstrates careful attention to detail and proven ability of high quality standards.
• Takes responsibility for completing tasks and is able to work with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrates ability to form, maintain and develop positive and professional relationships at all levels
• Ability to deliver creative and cost effective recruitment solutions
4. Style and Behaviour
• Proactive in providing a high quality customer service, focused on meeting customers needs.
• Takes personal responsibility for following through on actions in a timely fashion
• Improvement focused – not settling for ‘good enough’ but requiring continual improvement
• Engaging – working with people at all levels in the organization to secure understanding and commitment
• Demonstrates and embeds organisational values
• A consultancy approach – seeking to understand requirements and deliver added value
• Act as ambassador and show commitment to principles of equality and diversity