International Recruitment Officer
|Salary: £0 - £120/day
|Posted: 7 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
International Recruitment Officer (EU)
The post holder is responsible for implementing the University’s recruitment activity within the EU.
To work as a member of the Student Recruitment and Marketing department under the direction of the Head of Student Recruitment and Marketing to deliver the recruitment strategy and targets in relation to EU student recruitment.
The post holder will be required to represent the University in overseas markets and may need to cover other secondary markets as directed by the Head of Student Recruitment and Marketing. The post holder may be required to work outside of regular working hours during peak periods of recruitment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Head of Student Recruitment and Marketing, your duties will be:
1 To recruit suitably qualified students from priority markets to annually agreed
1 To support, manage, plan and undertake recruitment missions that will include recruitment fairs, schools and college visits, alumni events and other events leading to successful student recruitment.
1 To represent the University and be the first point of contact for the allocated
1 To use UEL’s CRM systems to engage with enquirers and applicants to optimise and manage their experience through the application process and ensure enrolment.
2 To undertake appropriate follow-up work arising from missions, working with colleagues to ensure the missions are
1 To initiate, manage and develop appropriate and relevant agent networks.
1 To liaise and work closely with academic and service staff at UEL who are going abroad or can contribute to the international student recruitment function and
1 To manage, support and inform the marketing around the assigned market in terms of best practices for student recruitment including the circulation of marketing materials as
1 Collect and disseminate marketing information along with associated data capture and management, including liaising and contributing to the development of market analyses, budgets and strategies for assigned
1 Proactively identify and develop new channels/methodologies and local country initiatives to market the
1 Prepare schedules and intelligence reports and recommendations after recruitment
1 To take an active lead in developing and building relationships with the British Council and other relevant offices and
1 To regularly report on the progress of marketing plans and the impact of specific marketing initiatives in terms of increasing recruitment/conversion and enhancing awareness and the reputation of UEL.
2 To have excellent knowledge of the University’s course portfolio and of entry requirements into priority markets.
1 Other duties that may be seen as being within the scope of this position
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent (A)
* Excellent verbal and written English skills (A/I)
* Marketing and Sales qualification (A/P)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* Knowledge of UK/EU Higher Education systems (A/I)
* Knowledge and understanding of the needs and cultural differences of students from the allocated markets and how to manage these (A/I)
* Experience in recruitment of international students, including managing exhibitions and other recruitment events (A/I)
* Experience in international education marketing (A/I)
* Membership of a relevant professional body, e.g. Chartered Institute of Marketing (A)
* Knowledge of UK immigration issues relating to overseas (non-EU) students (A/I)
PLANNING AND ORGANISING:
* Experience of planning, prioritising and organising work on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, whilst ensuring the effective use of resources and delivering to tight deadlines (A/I)
* Demonstrable experience of planning and resourcing promotion campaigns in a professional environment (A/I)
INITIATIVE AND PROBLEM SOLVING:
* Experience of using initiative and creativity to resolve problems, that may be predictable but not routine, identifying practical and suitable solutions (I)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to influence and negotiate, and adjust information that needs careful explanation or interpretation to suit the needs of different audiences (I/P)
* Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy on behalf of the University (A/I)
OTHER ESSENTIAL CRITERIA:
* Experience of contributing positively as a member of a team (A/I)
* Ability to undertake extensive overseas travel likely to be at least 12 weeks a year and to work non-standard office hours including weekends particularly whilst abroad (A/I)
* High level of attention to detail (A/I)
* Ability to be pro-active, prioritising tasks and working independently as well as within a wider team (A/I)
* Commitment to and understanding of equal opportunities issues within a diverse and multicultural environment. (A/I)