Junior Recruitment Consultant / Resourcer
|Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire
|Posted: 17 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Junior Recruitment Consultant / Resourcer to join our industry leading business. Working as part of a small, close knit and highly entrepreneurial team; you will be given broad exposure to a global industry worth well over £100 billion (and worth over £8.5 billion in the UK alone) and deal with the individuals at the very heart of the global Timber trade, whilst eventually being able to earn uncapped commission on top of a competitive salary.
Established in 1995, Miller McKenzie is the pre-eminent search consultancy for the Timber and Forest Products sectors across the UK and around the world. We specialise in recruiting high performing individuals in Sales, Marketing, Operational, General Management, Supply Chain and Executive positions, working exclusively with Importers, Distributors, Manufacturers and Merchants. We are based in Lincoln but work globally, with placements made everywhere from Brazil, Sweden, Bristol, Africa or Scotland!
Executive search and selection roles are all about getting the best, most qualified candidates to fill high ranking positions and earning a fee based on the quality of our work (fees can range from £5,000 to over £40,000 depending on the project). Knowledge of the Timber industry is not necessary; we can help you forge your career as a trusted advisor to the movers and shakers in the industry.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* LEARN! For the first 6 months we want you to immerse yourself in our world and shadow us to learn what we do, how we do it and most importantly WHY we do it. We won’t just give you a phone and tell you to get going, this is a long term project for us and you must buy into the ‘bigger picture’ of what you can achieve when you’re ready…
Moving forward, your responsibilities will ultimately include:
* Assist directors with major projects across the UK and internationally.
* Maintain and develop a customer and prospect database.
* Plan and carry out direct sales activities to customer and prospect database.
* Receive permanent roles from customers and fill within agreed time limits after negotiating contracts.
* Recruit suitable candidates according to skills and experience to fit client requirements.
* Maintain and develop existing and new customers.
* Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
* Liaise and attend meetings necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
* Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills
* CV proofreading, cleansing, formatting and improvement
* Research – we always like to know what’s going on in the market and stay one step ahead
We are a very lean organisation so it is imperative that everyone is able to ‘pull their weight’. As a business we are incredibly entrepreneurial and very flexible in our approach, but this is NOT a ‘hard sell’ business where you will be making hundreds of identical, dull phone calls every day. We do things differently.
In order to be successful in this role, you are likely to:
* Be driven, entrepreneurial and wanting to develop a career doing something that very few people in the world can do. You are likely to become a leading light in your chosen field; this is not an ‘ordinary’ opportunity.
* Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Exceptional literacy skills and general command of English language is essential. We like ‘quick brown foxes’.
* Have experience in a Sales / Business Development / Account Management position.
* Be tactful and articulate and be a good judge of character.
* Be analytical and methodical in your approach to problems and have an eye for detail.
* Be motivated and results driven – you enjoy success and celebrate with the team.
* Be able to act quickly and decisively.
* Have excellent organisational skills.
* Work smart rather than hard (and recognise the difference). We want people to be effective rather than efficient! Focus on what is important rather than keeping busy.
Starting salary dependent on experience, but you will also be able to earn uncapped commission based on your performance as you develop in the role. We reward performance and genuinely believe our business gives a unique chance to take full control of your future financial security.
Tell us why you’re right for the role in a cover letter and send us an up to date CV to be considered