Recruitment Advisor - 12month FTC
|Salary: £28000 - £32000/annum bonus & bens
|Posted: 28 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
At Gist Limited we are constantly raising the standard in everything we do to achieve our vision of being the customer's first choice for logistics innovation, excellence and partnership.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people.
What's the opportunity?
As the Recruitment Advisor you will oversee recruitment activity across multiple sites specifically focusing on driver and warehouse recruitment. You will manage the candidate attraction, application and journey through the recruitment process.
Liaising with hiring managers, the wider HR team and key business leads, the Recruitment Advisor will partner with them to establish individual role requirements. You will source high quality candidates through various channels who are aligned to the Gist values and culture, and meet the necessary skills and experience - a 'right people, right roles' approach.
You will work with the business to identify a more effective approach to attraction and assessing. You will manage high volume recruitment across multiple locations and be the central point of contact to support during peak periods.
In addition you will look to continuously improve our selection approach, including creatively designing and implementing new assessment tools, materials and interview packs that meet the needs of individual vacancies. Success within the role will be assessed against their ability to build stakeholder relationships, as well as key metrics such as time, cost, source and quality of hires.
* Conducting full and detailed job briefings with line managers
* Designing and writing job adverts
* Successfully advertising vacancies via internal and external channels - assessing various recruitment methods and selecting the most appropriate routes to market for each role
* Bringing new and innovative ideas with regards to candidate attraction
* Assessing candidate applications and screening them against the job requirements
* Conducting detailed and insightful telephone interviews at initial stages to assess candidate suitability - this will include high volume activity around large scale recruitment campaigns
* Organising and facilitating interviews and assessment centres - designing new selection techniques to ensure that we are able to identify the right people for the right roles
* Building a relationship with a range of hiring managers, HR Teams and key senior stakeholders across the business
* Taking a proactive approach to recruitment - creating talent pools and pipelines for future requirements.
* Providing candidates with appropriate and constructive feedback
* Making candidate offers and assisting in the production of offer letters
* Liaising with external suppliers where required
* Providing advice and support to others on recruitment best practice and process
* Producing MI and interpreting it to identify recruitment trends
* Getting involved with wider recruitment and HR projects as required
What will you need to succeed?
* Experience of recruiting within an in-house or RPO environment
* Experience of recruiting within the logistics and distribution sector specifically drivers and warehouse operatives would be advantageous.
* Ability to build effective relationships and work in partnership with stakeholders across all levels
* Ability to guide and influence stakeholders, with the confidence and conviction to make decisions
* Ability to build effective talent pools through direct sourcing
* Appropriate and consistent communication with the business to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed of recruitment activity.
* Ability to manage difficult conversations and provide constructive feedback to candidates
* Clear understanding of modern recruitment principles and techniques
* Excellent eye for detail
* Flair for innovation and the ability to be involved in projects when required
* Good grasp of producing and interpreting MI
* Familiarity with applicant tracking systems and databases.
* Excellent communication and skills
* Proactive approach towards ensuring that we achieve a continuous improvement culture
* Flexibility around working hours to meet the needs of the business and flexibility to travel across our multiple locations nationwide.
* Full UK driving licence
* This position is a one year fixed-term contract.
Where will Gist take you?
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
We offer an attractive benefits package, which includes a competitive basic salary, healthcare, pension, 25 days annual leave and an industry leading bonus scheme.
Gist Limited is a leading UK supply chain company with a history that spans over 100 years. We are one of the fastest growing Logistics companies in Europe, supporting some of the biggest names in the food and beverage industry. Gist has a turnover of €600m, and is a leading player in the perishable and chilled sector, although Gist's 2000+ customers cover a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors. Our 5,000 employees operate from 40+ locations in the UK and continental Europe