|Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
|Salary: £30000 - £35000/annum Competitive salary, and much more
|Posted: 13 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
The British Engineering Services Group is proud to be the UK’s leading independent Testing, Inspection and Certification business. We’re private equity backed, which means we have the flexibility and support to move quickly and grow faster than any other company in our industry. We’re innovative and forward thinking and have the awards to prove it, but most of all we’re focused on helping make sure our customers leave nothing to chance.
Due to a record-breaking year in 2020 (with an even stronger 2021 forecasted) and continued business growth (in both revenue and reputation), we are hiring a Recruitment Advisor. We have big plans ahead, and our recruitment team play a key part in ensuring we only hire the best, highly skilled and qualified people to help our business grow.
What will I be doing?
As a Recruitment Advisor, you will partner with our leaders from all business functions, working closely with them to understand their recruiting requirements and how to best position them to the current market. You will support them in developing role profiles, reviewing shortlisting criteria and creating relevant assessment methods. You will advise and educate our leaders on current market conditions, providing them with the insight they need to help them make the right hiring choices.
We have really high standards, so you will only present the best and most suitable candidates to our Hiring Managers. This means that you will:
* Spend lots of time shortlisting and assessing candidates against the role, and our company beliefs and personality.
* Ensure every interaction (regardless of the application outcome) is positive,
* Play a key role in the assessment and selection of candidates by completing phone screens, to ensure that all new recruits have the same attitude, aptitude and appetite for what we do: keeping Britain safe.
* Once you are happy to present candidates to our leaders, you will prepare candidates for interview as well as provide and receive feedback throughout the candidate’s journey with British Engineering Services.
When you aren’t working on live roles, you will be developing our active talent pools, attending job fairs and building lasting relationships with future British Engineering Services employees.
We really care, and this is something we want our candidates to feel throughout the process, so you will support candidates throughout their onboarding, ensuring that they get a first class treatment right up to their first day. The journey doesn’t stop there, as our people are one of our highest sources of hires with referrals counting for 22% of our most recent offers. This is encouraged by the relationships we build and maintain; you will have regular check in calls, induction group catch ups and ensure that you are well networked within the business.
You will also take responsibility for:
* Data, analytics and reporting.
* Preparing regular and ad-hoc reports for a range of people including our HRD, CEO and Executive team.
* Analyse the data and draw insights, such as process improvements.
* Being a valued member of our fantastic HR team, where we all work together to support business operations. Therefore, you may be required to pitch in and complete some generalist HR activities or projects.
What are we looking for?
You may be an agency recruiter hoping to make your first move in-house, or an in-house recruiter hoping to take the next step in your career. Either way, you will use your creative approach to recruit in a niche, talent-short market and your experience building and managing talent networks to ensure we maintain and exceed our 85% direct sourcing target.
You will be systems and data obsessed. Always striving to understand how things work and ensuring that our ATS and reporting systems are creating the best user experience for our candidates and leaders, whilst providing us with the information required to make effective hiring decisions. You will have an eye for detail, fantastic excel and reporting skills and the ability to make numbers make sense.
You will be naturally inquisitive, not afraid to challenge, confident enough to recommend and implement new ways of working and have an honest approach to both candidates and leaders.
Most importantly, you will replicate British Engineer Services enthusiasm to deliver excellent (some might say refreshing) customer service- all day, every day.
What makes The British Engineering Services Group a great place to work?
Our people and our customers come before everything else and that will never change. Knowing we always do the best job we can with absolutely no compromise means everything to us.
Our business model is unique, with multiple companies and private equity backing- the exposure you will get is unparalleled. The Recruitment Team love what they do, they really make a difference and that gets noticed every single day. But don’t just take our word for it, find out what our people said when we asked them to describe British Engineering Services in one word here.
If you work for us, you will get the below and, so much more:
* A competitive salary.
* A comprehensive training programme.
* A flexible working approach, normally the role will be in Manchester City Centre with home working available 2-3 days per week once government restrictions are eased (you must have suitable wifi, and provide your own office set up).
* Discretionary annual company bonus and yearly salary review.
* Shiny new Surface Pro.
* Access to lots of discounts and benefits via our company benefits portal including; retail, fitness, holiday and cinema discounts.
* The support of a superb employee assistance programme.
* Up to 10% pension.
Apply via our fancy ATS, or feel free to contact Lianne, Head of Recruitment and Development, for a confidential chat about the role (no agencies please, we’ve got this)!see how important safety is and we expect the same from our people. And if you’re never change!
Please note that we are currently adhering to government advice and working from home where possible. Therefore, this role will be fully home based until government guidance is eased