|Location: HG5, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
|Salary: £18000 - £22000/annum OTE £30K
|Posted: 14 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Are you tired of seeing the same old ads, often put out by the high street multiples? Are you experienced in running a temp desk? Were you laid off as a result of the pandemic and no fault of your own? Are you able to get to the bottom of what the clients want from taking a good brief and perhaps looking up things you are not familiar with? Are you an ideas person? Willing to take a small risk when you can see the returns would be well worth it? Confident you could move from another industry and make a success of it in construction recruitment? If you answered yes to all, or at least some of the above then I would like to discuss possibilities with you...
Salary and benefits are always part of any deal but rarely the top item on the agenda. I don't know exactly what the offer might be for you yet but, I do know it would be a hybrid of the offers we have all seen in the past.
So, here is my thinking...
* We could talk about a zero/low base and unusually high commission. Just to put this into context, my current exec search placements are a minimum of £10K. By unusually high this could be 40% and up. Negotiation points here would include costs such as LI subscription, phone and other tools. If you ran a temp desk then we could negotiate a different deal.
* If you can bring existing business, or at least clients who know who you are when they answer the phone to you then the base could be higher. I would particularly like to hear from those experienced in construction trades and labour temps.
* Milestone bonus payments and annual bonuses could be part of the deal
* The role would be flexi-working, say minimum 2-days in the office
* You need not have any recruitment experience at all or, you could come from another sector. Engineering is very much preferred.
* You could apply through the Government Apprenticeship scheme. Please note this would not be the Kickstart scheme as we already have that in process.
* We would have a no-nonsense and no BS conversation to see if we could happily and successfully collaborate.
What is in it for you?
Your base will be from £18K-25K
Comfortable and friendly office environment
Opportunity to share information with a seasoned and well-networked headhunter
Latest automation and AI tools made available
Chance to join a company gearing up for the inevitable economic bounce back. (Please spend a couple of minutes researching how the construction sector has performed throughout the epidemic and the predictions for it-14% growth in 2021)
You would be running a desk for my temp labour division...Construction Worker Supply, similar to running your own business
Potential shareholder in a company that has been approached by one of the UK's most prolific recruitment investors
Joining an Industrial Worker of the Year award winning agency and rubbing shoulders with a seasoned headhunter.
Using industry leading software to plan the manpower the client will need in advance!
Placing workers nationwide
Last but not least...the opportunity to make a lot of money.
So what is expected from you? If you are experienced in recruitment then you will know most of these:
* Actively source and qualify candidates
* Manage the client's needs and expectations
* Actively generate new business-I expect you have to have 15 meaning conversations per day
* Maintaining strong relationships in the market
* Working to improve system efficiency
* Take specific briefs and submit candidates to match
* Putting in the required effort, yes this does mean getting on the phone BUT, the company recognises there are other approach methods.
* Out of the box thinking...this is not just logon and search a job board!
* Make constructive suggestions on how we could improve
If you do not have a background in recruitment then I would be looking for any of the following:
1. Sales experience, particularly online and telephone
3. Involvement in small business, especially involving frequent customer interaction
4. IT literacy but not programming
5. Experience in social media advertising/marketing
6. Let's talk if you have something else you can bring to the party