Recruitment Consultant • New Business Sales
|Salary: £18000 - £25000/annum
|Posted: 13 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Responsible to: Managing Consultant / MD
•Address: Derwent Business Centre, Clarke Street, Derby, DE1 2BU
•Start Date: (ASAP)
•Working Hours: 37.5 hours p/week (Mon–Fri) / 9.00am–5.30pm
•Salary / Benefits: £ Salary (Neg.) + Excellent Commission (Uncapped) + Laptop + Mobile + Training
Syntax has a superb career opportunity available for a Recruitment Consultant / New Business Sales professional to join our friendly team in Derby. Syntax offers 30+ years' experience in providing IT, Tech and Engineering talent solutions into the Public Sector, IT Consultancy, Digital and Engineering markets. We are looking for enthusiastic, determined and professional sales people with a proven track-record in ‘New Business’ Sales.
• Job Purpose – your primary goal will be generating new business and gaining new clients. Selling Syntax's end-to-end recruitment solutions based on the individual requirements of the customer.
• Business Development – cold-calling / making outbound sales calls to prospective clients to win new business and develop relationships with new customers.
• Client Meetings – booking / attending meetings with potential clients and candidates.
• Relationship Building – developing strong relationships with new clients in your specialist markets.
• Lead Generation – generating sales leads, identifying target clients / prospects and defining a sales territory.
• Targets – building and closing a ‘new business’ sales pipeline to deliver against agreed sales targets.
• Sales KPIs – achieving agreed sales targets / KPIs (£ revenue, sales calls, client meetings), and reporting progress to the Management Team.
• Negotiation – negotiating T&Cs with clients to ensure 'win-win' for both parties and to promote long-term, sustainable business at healthy % margins.
• End-to-End Recruitment – managing the full recruitment cycle, including: scoping customer job orders, sourcing, database search, job advertising, CV submission, managing interviews/offers, contracts, on-boarding, contract extensions and handling post-placement queries from clients/candidates.
• Talent Pooling – building ‘hotlists’ of highly-skilled / in-demand candidates that we can place on a repeat basis with our client base.
• Recruitment Administration – recording daily sales activity using our state-of-the-art Bullhorn recruitment system (client conversations, CV submissions, interviews, offers, contract generation, etc.).
• Customer Experience – ensuring that clients experience the highest possible standards of customer service and levels of satisfaction.
Skills / Experience:
• New Business Sales – proven experience in a ‘New Business’ sales role (ideally B2B / technical sales), including dealing directly with clients by phone, email and face-to-face meetings.
• Cold-Calling – telephone-based sales experience, including experience of making outbound sales calls and attending F2F client meetings.
• Recruitment Experience – previous recruitment industry experience is advantageous but is not essential.
• Computer Literacy – proficient user of MS Office, Web / Internet, Social Media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook).
• Qualifications – ideally Graduate / Degree-level. However, we are equally as interested in your sales background, attitude and personal qualities.
• Driving License – a full UK driving license is preferred, as the role will involve travelling to client sites.
Person Specification – Personal Qualities / Competencies / Behaviours:
At Syntax we look for people who embody the following personal qualities, values and characteristics:
• Determination – self-motivated and resilient. Demonstrates perseverance and overcomes obstacles.
• Communication – strong verbal / written communication (phone / email / face-to-face).
• Trust – builds trust with clients and engages with people in an authentic and open manner.
• Quality-Driven – taking a pride in your work and possessing a keen eye for detail.
• Customer-Focused – polite and helpful. Diplomatic and builds strong relationships and rapport.
• Telephone Manner – professional and positive telephone persona.
• Professionalism – polite & professional. Both with external customers & internal teams.
• Organisation / Planning – able to plan ahead logically and prioritise between competing tasks.
• Time Management – works well under pressure and delivers to tight timescales. Strong sense of urgency.
• Honesty & Integrity – reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
• Work Ethic – hard-working, self-motivated and conscientious.
• Positive Energy – enthusiastic, helpful & positive attitude.
• Accountability – takes full ownership and delivers on commitments and promises.
• Initiative – proactive and action-orientated with a strong sense of urgency. Owns problems to resolution.
• Team Working – collaborative, cooperative and works well within a team of diverse personalities.
• Results-Focused – goal-driven and focused on delivering tangible, measurable outcomes.
• Proactive – able to take the initiative & own problems to resolution.
• Adaptable – flexible and open to change. Adapts to changing circumstances.
• Persuasive – able to influence, negotiate and steer clients to the mutual benefit of both parties.
• Sense of Humour – a good sense of humour, particularly when under pressure.
• Ambiguity – works effectively with incomplete and imperfect information and works towards clarity.
• Quality-Driven – takes a personal pride in their work.
• Personal Growth – a desire to learn, improve and develop, both in the work-place and at home