Recruitment Executive - Search Highe
|Location: CV4, Tile Hill, Warwickshire
|Salary: £11.81 - £14.08/annum £1.43 - £1.70 Holiday pay per hour
|Posted: 9 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Are you a strategic thinker who is ready to embrace executive search recruitment into Higher Education Institutions? Are you able to engage senior stakeholders? The role that SearchHigher plays in shaping universities in society is changing rapidly, providing us with a unique and exciting challenge that could be yours to take on. SearchHigher are a sister company of the sector leading digital employment business jobsacuk, and share the same ethos of providing best-in-class service, tailored to the needs of higher Education.
In this post, you’ll drive forwards a scalable strategy that combines executive search techniques as well as direct relationship building with individuals in senior roles within Higher Education institutions. You’ll cultivate a global community of people who support and champion SearchHigher, while they enjoy the benefits from their lifelong relationship with us.
To support the Director of SearchHigher and the Recruitment Manager in developing and expanding the executive search service SearchHigher within the University and with other higher education institutions, achieving targets as set out in the five-year plan of growing the business to an annual turnover in excess of £1,000,000 and generating a surplus in excess of £500,000 per annum.
Duties and responsibilities:
New Business Development
* Provide support where necessary to the SearchHigher Director and Senior Recruitment Consultant in new business and marketing activities including attending and exhibiting at conferences, mail shots, client meetings, e-marketing and direct telesales.
* Provide research for the SearchHigher Director to be used in targeting UK and International clients on individual assignments and preferred supplier relationships.
* Provide assistance to the SearchHigher Director and Senior Recruitment Consultant with new business development activities in the development of appropriate sales and marketing materials and at conferences.
* Undertake competitor, customer and pricing analysis to identify and exploit new potential markets and benchmark SearchHigher’s offerings to competitors.
* Deliver an excellent level of service to the internal and external HR staff and Business Heads across faculties and departments and attracting the best senior staff to Warwick from within and outside of the sector.
* Uphold the University’s reputation through excellent customer service of a client base made up of Higher Education Institutions and sector bodies.
* Assist the SearchHigher Director and Senior Recruitment Consultant with clients to identify their leadership/professional recruitment needs and develop a bespoke search/recruitment strategy for each assignment.
* Deliver outstanding levels of communication and management of expectations throughout the process to ensure the client is fully aware of developments and delighted with service provided.
* Develop a detailed knowledge of the higher education sector, including the disciplines, roles and challenges the sector is facing and how this impacts the business.
* Managing aspects of the recruitment process, with support from the SearchHigher Director and Senior Recruitment Consultant, which will include:
* Supporting the SearchHigher Director and Senior Recruitment Consultant at client meetings with internal and external senior figures to gain a thorough briefing for the assignment and developing a search/recruitment strategy with the client
* Carrying out the aspects of the recruitment process as directed by the Search Higher Director through extensive research and discrete approach (headhunting) of targeted individuals, many of which will be part of the senior leadership of a university
* Composing and coordinating advertising in national media as directed by the client Providing excellent candidate management support from initial approach through to meeting face to face and advising and assisting through the interview stage; either to successful appointment or sensitively managing out of the process if unsuccessful and delivering constructive feedback to assist with future posts and continuing relationship with individual.
* Conducting detailed interviews face to face to determine the suitability of the individual for the post
* Assisting in the production of a thorough and well-researched longlist
* Guiding the candidate through interview and appointment process
Skills and experience
* Degree qualified or from a recruitment background.
* Computer literate in the use of Microsoft applications.
* Excellent communication skills will be required as the role will involve assisting with the delivery of presentations to prospective clients and at networking events and the ability to produce convincing sales materials, sales and marketing strategies, plans and reports.
* Experience within executive search or professional recruitment, would be very beneficial.
* Experience of presenting and liaising at a senior level within large organisations, developing long-term relationships with decision makers at all levels.
* Experience of recruiting into, or having worked within the higher education sector.
* Aware of new developments within recruitment, particularly with regard to legislative changes and issues affecting the HE/FE sector.
* An awareness of online recruitment methods.
* A sound understanding of the executive search market, with proven experience in business-to-business sales and business development at a senior level would be beneficial.
The Beehive, The University of Warwick, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8JE
This role is offered on a temp to perm basis, with the temp contract expected to last for around 6 months.Only candidates that meet all of the essential and desirable criteria will be paid at £14.08/1.70 per hour. Graduates should expect to be paid at the lower grade of £11.81/1.43 per hour.
Please apply for the role on the Unitemps website searching the ID number (phone number removed)