Recruitment Support Officer - peripatetic
|Location: Featherstone, Staffordshire
|Salary: £20000 - £28000/annum
|Posted: about 1 month ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Recruitment Support Officer - peripatetic
Location: West Midlands (postcode WV10 7QZ)
Salary: £20,000.00 - £28,000.00 per/Year (pro-rata for part time)
Job Type: 2 vacancies – 1x Permanent, 1x Temporary Maternity Leave
Sector: Sales & Marketing
Juniper Training are looking to recruit 2 part time Recruitment Support Officers – peripatetic to work across our Black Country/Telford centres
• 1 to be part time permanent
• 1 to be part time temporary maternity cover
Job outline & Purpose
• To work out of multiple centres to recruit students onto training programmes
• To ensure programme is appropriate for students recruited
• To safeguard the welfare of all students, preventing radicalisation and promoting British Values
Key Responsibility & Tasks
• To undertake activities that result in students being recruited and starting on training programmes, including; marketing, outreach, contacts with local agencies, training providers and other referral sources, recruitment initiatives & attending/hosting recruitment fairs/local events/pop up shops/networking meetings etc.
• Use of social media to raise Juniper’s profile
• Interviewing potential starts and accurately completing supporting paperwork
• Host information sessions for potential new starts
• Ensure centre start targets are met
• To maintain a database of referral sources and manage those relationships to gain further business
• Manage own Outlook diary in order to meet all responsibilities and targets
• To complete all required documentation in accordance with laid down procedures to meet both contractual and internal requirements
• Level 2 English & Maths (or working at)
• Excellent communicator
• To persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
• To build rapport with target group
• To communicate professionally with referral/support agencies
• To present to groups
• To “cold-call”
• To work well under pressure
• To work to targets & deadlines
• Highly motivated
• Innovative & solution focused
• To remain positive, with a bubbly, engaging personality
• To be persistent & tenacious
• Excellent organisation skills
• Competent in use of IT
• To meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders
• Working knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter)
• Of working with 16-18 year olds
IAG Level 3/4
The purpose of the role is to provide cover & support to centres where their RO is absent, on holiday, the post is vacant or the centre needs support with meeting start targets. The West Midlands post-holder will usually cover Wolverhampton, Walsall, Waterfront, Wednesbury and Telford and East Midlands will cover Stockport, Hanley, Burton, Chesterfield, Derby and Leicester. Travel to one of these centres could be for several weeks and flexibility is required. There may be occasions where the Black Country staff member is asked to cover East Midlands’ centres, and vice versa.
This role may involve working outside of the normal 8.30 – 4.30 working pattern, in order to attend recruitment events/activities, including but not exclusive to; youth clubs, jobs fairs & local events. Time is given in-lieu of any time worked outside of normal working hours, but flexibility is essential.
This role profile is intended to provide a guide to the main duties and responsibilities involved in the post at the date it was drawn up. It does not provide an exhaustive list and should be used in conjunction with the “duties and responsibilities” information for the role.
Juniper changes to meet demands of customers and stakeholders, therefore duties within job roles are also subject to change from time-to-time. This role profile will be regularly reviewed and updated, and staff are expected to employ a flexible approach to their work to adapt to these changes.
Changes made will be within the scope and grading of the post and are a common occurrence.
All staff are expected to;
• demonstrate and uphold Juniper’s values at all times
• demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students
• conform to Juniper’s health & safety policy, promoting a safe environment for all
• conform to Juniper’s equality & diversity policy, championing/promoting improvements
• contribute to continual improvement
• be appropriately qualified
• attend and participate in training events/days to continually build CPD
The welfare of our students is paramount and the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check.
Please download our Application Pack from our website and send your completed application to the recruitment team to be considered for this role. Alternatively apply online where you will be sent an application pack.
The closing date for this vacancy is Friday 8th September 2017