Legal Researcher/Trainee Consultant for boutique Legal Head Hunters based in London
Background to ChaseBridge:
ChaseBridge is a boutique legal headhunting consultancy based in central London. We advise exclusively within the legal sector. ChaseBridge has been the partner of choice for many of our clients for over sixteen years both within private practice and in-house. ChaseBridge provides tailored services in situations when access to the best talent can not be sourced through conventional recruitment methods.
We offer a broad range of services and resources to enable law firms, companies, financial institutions as well as leading individuals to successfully achieve their unique goals.
In private practice, ChaseBridge has expertise in partner level opportunities, head of department appointments, partner designate positions, associate solicitors as well as team moves and mergers. On the in-house side, we have been involved with legal director and general counsel roles in companies and investment banks. We differ from other legal search firms in that we apply our tried and tested headhunting methodology equally to both senior and associate level recruitment.
Our clients include some of the world’s largest international firms as well as niche organisations who are leaders in their own right. Specialising in high demand / limited supply areas, we have advised hundreds of lawyers to make the right decision.
- Research calls: First point of contact with lawyers; establishing lawyers background, expertise and future aspirations. If they are of interest pass their details to the relevant consultant.
- Database: updating the database regularly for people movement, firm mergers or de-mergers, adding new firms and ensuring that all lawyers are attributed correctly.
- Admin: editing CV’s, proof reading documents, compiling documents detailing team structures in specific areas of law and/or geographical locations, type up notes from training sessions.
- General office duties: answering phones, updating calendars, taking messages for consultants, re-arranging meetings or interviews when required.
- Research: read and name gather from the major publications, deal sheets and law firms’ websites. Track adverts in the trade journals and with targeted law firms.
- It is envisaged that the work will be split 80% on research activities and 20% on admin but this may change according to scheduled assignments.
This is a role which allows the right individual to make of it what they wish with guidance and support. There is an opportunity to remain in the research environment and develop that with time, or to move from the research side in to a head hunter role.
As well as tailored training we offer a competitive package coupled with a good work/life balance.
- Must be team orientated, friendly, confident, assertive, organised and determined.
- You could be an existing legal recruiter/researcher or qualified solicitor/paralegal/legal executive looking to make a change.
- Legal market knowledge/experience is preferred.
- Some previous telephone work would be useful although not essential.
- Educated to degree level – LLB/Law ideally.
- Not afraid of the phone and must have a good telephone manner.
- PC literate, MS Windows, Word, Excel.
Please contact Mr Hitesh Dhokia on 020 7101 9800 or email him on firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.chase-bridge.com