Senior Consultant - Oliver James Associates – Digital
Oliver James Associates are a specialist recruitment partner to the Financial Services sector; finding and placing market-leading talent across the world. The company was initially established in 2002 as a niche insurance industry specialist and has grown organically and consistently over the past 14 years to become one of the genuine leaders in supplying skilled professionals to the insurance, asset management and banking industries. We offer Search & Selection, Exclusive and Contingency recruitment solutions across a number of industries on both a permanent and contract/interim basis.
Our Digital division was established just over 12 months ago and has already grown to a team of 9 covering both contract and permanent roles within Financial Services. We are now looking to develop our presence in the non-financial markets and require a Senior Consultant or Managing Consultant to develop this new market and grow a team. As a Recruiter on this desk you will be responsible for sourcing senior digital candidates (salaries ranging from £60-200K) whilst developing new business with clients in the within commerce and industry (Retail, FMCG etc.).
- All Recruiters at Oliver James Associates operate in 360 roles, proactively headhunting candidates and developing and establishing new business relationships
- Joining a newly-established, high-billing team consisting of Researchers/Consultants/Senior Consultants and nurturing key relationships across the team and wider business
- The successful applicant will be focused on building a profitable desk within the general insurance market, working closely with the existing team, sharing information and contacts and taking advantage of our extensive existing client base.
- You will be responsible for achieving set targets; KPI’s will include an annual, quarterly and monthly revenue target, phone activity, CV’s out (jobs and speculative), Interviews, Jobs and Headhunts which can all be reviewed on a weekly or monthly basis, and reported to the Senior Management team
- Defining client requirements whilst mapping out the organisational structure, the culture and clients annual growth plans
- Networking with candidates and clients frequently, organising networking events and client presentations
- Negotiating commercial terms with FTSE 150 companies, understanding the implication of the PSL for both permanent and contract hires
- Cross selling other disciplines and incorporating other business areas into the relationships cultivated
Who we're looking for
- We are looking for confident, bright and resilient individuals who thrive in a competitive environment which is challenging yet rewarding. You must be able to work under pressure and be target driven
- A solid business mind and the gravitas to challenge prospective customers. You will have excellent communication skills, an impressive presence and demonstrate the ability to build long term business relationships.
- You must be able to display a track record of high achievement either in or out of work.
- Career minded individuals who are looking for a role with rapid progression based on merit
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- You will be a goal orientated individual
- The breadth of skills required to take a sale from 'cradle to grave'
- The speed of thought to spot angles to up-sell and cross-sell
- You will need to be a team player and yet capable of operating autonomously
- A high level of verbal communication skills
- Confident approach
- An innate desire to be successful and a willingness to make the commitment that this role requires as well as the resilience to deal with the inevitable challenges that a sales role brings
- A track record of high achievement in previous roles
These roles are aimed at individuals with high potential who are seeking a business that will invest in them, if you prove yourself then promotional opportunities are available. Recruitment experience is essential however specific sector experience is not. It is important that you demonstrate commitment and a genuine desire to achieve. In addition to the above you will be a team player, with a vibrant personality.