Student Support & Recruitment Worker
|Salary: £14910 - £19525/annum . Excellent Benefits
|Posted: 13 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Milton Keynes College is working in partnership with HMP Birmingham to put education at the heart of the prison system.
We have a new vacancy for a student support recruitment work to act as an ambassador, promoting education to maximise the recruitment of students onto learning programmes and supporting their learning goals within the prison. The successful candidate will provide appropriate guidance to students when selecting courses and support the education allocation process by delivering a range of ICT/paper based initial assessment and screening assessments. You will also be confident in promoting the benefits of education and be actively involved in all aspects of student recruitment and programme marketing, working in partnership with NOMS and other agencies to develop and deliver support services for our learners.
Milton Keynes College operate on three sites within HMP Birmingham, East Education, West Education, and G Wing Education, offering education to both mainstream and vulnerable prisoners.
The education department is made up of a 6 person management team, overseeing 3 strand areas, Functional Skills, Vocational Training and Personal and Social Development. We offer a range of courses both academic and vocational.
Education Programmes are developed in partnership with the prison to offer a responsive and relevant curriculum, which includes work experience and work opportunities within the Establishment.
Our vision here at HMP Birmingham is to offer outstanding education to enable effective and purposeful resettlement for all learners on release.? ?Using Time, not Doing Time.?
We want to make a difference to disadvantaged learners, to show that everyone has the potential to achieve and everyone deserves another chance, and the right support at the right time, can be the difference in breaking the reoffending cycle.
As a successful candidate, you will:
* Good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
* Proven experience of presenting to groups.
* Good IT skills with experience of word processing, spread sheets, databases, email and internet systems.
* Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
* Sensitive to the complexities of prisons or closed institutions and have the ability to work positively within the inherent restraints.
* A willingness and ability to assume responsibility and to see through detailed tasks.
* Good communication skills both written and verbal.
* Commitment to students and students? success.
* Able to motivate self and others.
* Have thinking ability: able to plan, communicate and problem solve effectively.
* Good organisational skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Location: HMP Birmingham
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: ?14,910 - ?19,525 pro rata, per annum
Closing date: 27th July
More about the rewards
* 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
* Able to apply for an NUS Extra Card and Blue lights card, offering a wide range of High Street Discounts
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Continued Professional Development Opportunities
* Cycle To Work Scheme
* Access to ?JUICE? the employees? health and wellbeing platform
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Contributions towards Eye Tests for Visual Display users
* Plus, many more
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 ? 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 28 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed ?safer recruitment? employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community
Milton Keynes College is committed to promoting the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore require a DBS check.
The College is proactively committed to Sustainable Development through the learning opportunities it delivers, its management of resources and its engagement with communities