Trainee Recruitment Consultant
|Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
|Salary: £18000 - £24000/annum
|Posted: 14 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Trainee Recruitment Consultant
MRR Infrastructure is a recruitment business specialising in the supply of contract, temporary and permanent blue- and white-collar staff to the utilities, construction and infrastructure sectors, delivered by leading industry professionals with a wealth of both recruitment and practical sector experience.
Partnering with an engineering business, MRR Energy Services, and operating nationwide, MRR Infrastructure identified that recruitment companies periodically provide the wrong staff due to lack of knowledge of what is truly required on site.
MRR Infrastructure boasts the practical skills of the director of a leading engineering company, the unprecedented expertise of a Chartered Engineer with a demonstrated history of working in the electricity utilities industry, skilled in Power Transmission, HV Switchgear, Power Plants, Smart Grid, and Electric Power, and the recruitment experience of a recruitment professional that has worked within construction, infrastructure and utilities for over 10 years.
MRR Infrastructure know what is needed on site and we know how to recruit, engage and retain the quality staff that our clients require.
We are a small business with BIG plans. We are targeted and focussed on increasing our business turnover to £5m per annum over the next 4 years and intend on recruiting 2 to 3 recruiters this year alone!
Role – Trainee Recruitment Consultant
Due to enormous success over the past 12 months (despite the global pandemic), we are looking to recruit a Trainee Recruitment Consultant to initially assist on delivery to our current client list but eventually moving into a 360 Recruitment Consultant role once receiving necessary training.
The role is to identify, attract and shortlist candidates for the recruitment process to fulfil the requirements of our clients. The Trainee Recruitment Consultant will also be required to identify new business opportunities. Typical responsibilities are:
1. Research, identify, attract and shortlist candidates for the recruitment process to fulfil the requirements of the business brief
2. Identify new business opportunities through a variety of means and refer these opportunities to a recruiter
3. Meet all procedures and carry out relevant processes to ensure industry codes of ethics and relevant legislation are adhered to
Whist ideally, we would like for someone with previous recruitment experience to join the business, this is not completely necessary as full training can be given. The most important attribute will be an entrepreneurial outlook with an eagerness to overachieve and succeed. We will consider candidates from any sector where they have worked in a sales focussed role. A Trainee Recruitment Consultant must work off their own initiative and be confident with speaking to people they do not know! We would expect that anyone interested in joining the recruitment industry would describe themselves and be able to provide examples of self-motivation, tenacity, resilience, ambition and innovation.
Although sales experience is a prerequisite for this role, we would consider candidates that have relevant industry experience to what we recruit; this could be mechanical, electrical, construction, civil engineering or infrastructure. So, if you are an individual that is looking for a change in career and wanting to move from site into an office, then please get in touch.
Training will be provided in the following areas -
* The candidate attraction and selection processes
* The legal, regulatory and ethical requirements and appropriate codes of practice when resourcing
* Agreed job related Key Performance Indicators (assessment, interviews etc) and how they will be assessed and measured
* Recruitment sales techniques
* Market rates and conditions within the sector
* How to initiate, build and maintain relationships with candidates
* The recruitment industry and the principles of the recruitment models
* Employee rights and responsibilities including equality, diversity and inclusion
The role will initially be home based, however, once COVID restrictions ease we will be relocating into offices within 3 miles of Nottingham City Centre. There will still be opportunity to work from home when we do relocate as we offer a flexible approach to your working day!
* £18-£24k per annum depending on experience
* Commission structure
* Laptop + mobile phone
* 20 days holiday + bank holidays, increasing by 1 day per full calendar year served, up to a maximum of 25 days
* 40 hours per week
Recruitment is a great career choice, but it is far from easy. Top recruiters can earn a lot of money, but they have always had to put in the hard work to get there! If you are highly ambitious and want a very rewarding career this could be just the job for you.
How to apply
For more information, please submit your CV without delay or contact Rachel Skelton to discuss further