Trainee Recruitment Consultant
|Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire
|Salary: £14000 - £15000/annum
|Posted: 6 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
We are currently looking for a Trainee Recruitment consultant to join our expanding team in our Kettering branch.
Recruitment consultants are responsible for attracting candidates and matching them to temporary or permanent positions with client companies. They work with client companies, building relationships in order to gain a better understanding of their recruitment needs and requirements.
Recruitment consultants attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a range of media, as well as by networking, headhunting and through referrals. They screen candidates, interview them, do background checks and finally match them to their clients.
Consultants also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities.
* Recruitment consultants provide a vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding and diverse and involves:
* using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies;
* visiting clients to build and develop relationships;
* developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, plus their work culture and environment;
* advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a range of media, for example newspapers, websites, magazines;
* using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates and employers;
* headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work;
* using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy;
* receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client;
* requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client;
* briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question;
* preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding of suitable applicants;
* organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client;
* informing candidates about the results of their interviews;
* negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates;
* offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression;
* working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated;
* reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
* On Site check ins
* Taking agency staff to and from work
* Administration tasks – P45 requests, Adding candidate’s bank details onto system, scanning packs, availability calls, document checks, sending on timesheets and confirming agency staff.
* Work is office based but time is also spent outside the office, meeting with clients and interviewing candidates.
* A smart personal appearance is important as the role involves meetings with clients and conducting interviews with candidates.
* The role can be challenging, but also exciting as the profession is fast-paced, target driven and demanding.
* Travel within the working day may be required to meet with clients.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
* excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
* sales and negotiation skills;
* a goal-orientated approach to work;
* the ability to handle multiple priorities;
* problem-solving ability;
* the ability to meet deadlines and targets;
* ambition and the determination to succeed;
* confidence and self-motivation;
* time management and organisational skills;
* team-working skills;
You must also enjoy working in a high-pressure environment and the responsibility that comes with it.
Must be able to be on call once every three weeks and when on call to work Monday to Friday 6-6pm and be available for on call at weekends. When on call must answer the 24 hour work mobile from clients and agency staff.
When not on call will be working in the Kettering office Monday to Friday 8-5pm.
About Fox Resourcing
We specialise to all business sectors, including Industrial, Commercial, Technical, Engineering and IT for the permanent and temporary jobs.
Recruitment consultants generally start work in the industry as trainees, working in a branch within a small team. On-the-job training and mentoring is provided in the first few months.
As the role is target driven, progression largely depends on achieving and exceeding set targets. Career development depends to some extent on the size and structure of the employing agency and, if working for a small company, you may need to change employer or location to progress. The ability to sustain a strong performance is vital.
Progression from consultant is usually to senior consultant or account manager. Progression to team leader or to managerial positions, such as branch manager, requires additional people management and financial skills. For large organisations with many branches, it may be possible to move into area and regional management.
Data Protection Notice
Fox Resourcing and Recruitment will use the information given on your application for recruitment and selection, human resource management and for employment and business purposes in respect of successful candidates. The information you give us will be kept confidential and your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your prior consent except where necessary to confirm factual information provided by you, to provide services in respect of your employment (such as payroll services) and in compiling anonymous statistical data required to be submitted to Government agencies. Fox Resourcing & Recruitment uses procedures and technologies to maintain the security, integrity and confidentiality of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction. You have a statutory right to request details of your personal data which Fox Resourcing & Recruitment holds and we will correct and update the same from time to time as notified by you.
By submitting my application I agree to the use of my information as outlined in the above statement. I confirm that to the best of my knowledge the information I have provided is correct and true. I realise that if it is found that I have deliberately given false or misleading information I may be disqualified from further consideration or, if appointed, may be summarily dismissed