Established in 2002, Oliver James Associates has grown organically and consistently over the past 13 years to become a renowned financial services search & selection organisation, with a current head count of circa 250 employees and a turonover of £65million. The business continues to go from strength-to-strength being recognised in the industry with various awards as well as having recently been named Manchester Business of the year, a Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to work for as well as being placed in the Virgin Fast Track 100 for the 4th time.
We are looking to attract ambitious Trainee Recruiters across a number of teams currently including Digital, IT, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain & Procurement across our Insurance, Banking, Retail and FMCG sectors.
Trainee Recruiters are a vital part of our business, and we offer a fully supported environment for non-experienced recruiters to gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of our niche markets prior to promotion to a Recruitment Consultant role. You will join an established group of experts, working alongside Senior Consultants and Associate Directors to assist in the development and growth of some of our most successful teams.
We lead the market within Insurance and Banking Recruitment and have recently launched new teams to develop our reach inot non-Financial Services markets. Although prior work experience in recruitment would be advantageous, it’s not essential, we would also consider experienced business to business sales professionals. We have built a team of over 190+ consultants all over the world that have two things in common - work ethic and personality. You must be a strong communicator and be confident speaking to people as you will spend the majority of your time networking with senior level candidates.
- Proactively create, maintain, and develop a network of candidates via sales focused telephone activity
- Proactively promote Oliver James Associates business and services to all contacts in order to generate new client business
- Identify and establish sales leads and follow up with approaches to appropriate target clients
- Keep up with current and anticipated demand of candidates with a clearly outlined skillset, maximising efficiency through the effective use of LinkedIn and internal databases
- Assist Senior Consultants in mapping a candidate pool in response to client’s hiring requirements
- Screen, interview and assess candidates in line with company standards to ensure a thorough understanding of their job and career requirements
- Present matched candidates to client requirements in a proactive and consultative manner
- Ideally you will have 6-24 months business to business sales experience, or will have worked as a trainee recruiter with up to 12 months experience
- You must be confident on the phone, able to build rapport quickly and establish long lasting relationships
- You must demonstrate that you are ambitious, results driven, self-motivated and naturally competitive
We work hard and enjoy ourselves at the same time. As well as a salary, pension and market leading commission structure we offer Trainees:
- Company holidays
- Annual VIP day at the races
- Two Christmas parties
- Quarterly lunch club incentives
- Extended lunch breaks for gym goers
- Team nights out
- Friday drinks in Spinningfields
- 20+ days annual leave (plus extra time off over Christmas)
- and much more…
We provide training for all employees at our Spinningfields office to ensure that you are consistently challenged and developed during your career with Oliver James.