THE CLUB FOR EXCEPTIONAL RECRUITMENT COMPANIES
Kevin Green - What's Next!!
Tuesday 24th July 2018 - From 3.00pm - 6.00pm
An invitation only event featuring Kevin Green; one of the most most knowledagble recruitment practioners in the UK. Most recently the inspiring leader of the REC, Kevin will be in conversation with David Head and sharing his thoughts on what is next for our industry.
During the event, Kevin will discuss:
The future of jobs and what it means for recruitment -shortages of candidates everywhere
-Technology driving disruption -the forecasters agree but disagree about the impact on jobs
-The growth of the extended workforce -what this means for recruitment businesses -business model implications -what we measure & focus on -what we do to find our own talent
-Regulation and Brexit what’s mean for us
-What great leaders of recruitment business will look like in the future
The Eight Club, 1 Dysart Street, Moorgate, London EC2A 2BX from 3.00pm to 6.00pm
Founder and CEO of What’s Next Consultancy
Kevin Green is the founder and CEO of What’s Next Consultancy. He is utilising his 37 years of business experience to help organisations maximise the energy, ingenuity and potential of their people to deliver superior business results.
Kevin has been an entrepreneur, a CEO and HRD of a FTSE 100 and he brings the skills and capability from each of these roles to assist the organisations he works with. He specialises in businesses that want to grow, develop and improve. He does this as a Non-Executive Director, Strategic Advisor or Consultant. Kevin has long been recognised as an excellent and experienced leader. He has always believed that developing and helping people realise their potential is an art and a science. He has worked with many leadership teams and individual leaders to maximise their performance. This can involve workshops, facilitation and individual coaching.
As a TEDx speaker, Kevin is an experienced communicator who can inform, inspire and engage. He has spoken at large conferences and at internal leadership events. His areas of specialism include global labour markets, competitive people strategy, how to create high performing cultures and what great leaders do.
- Led top teams to radically improve performance in terms of revenue and profit growth, customer offering and experience while developing their people and enhancing their culture
- Led a huge change programme to transform a British institution. The outcome was a turnaround which enabled the organisation to go from losing £1.5m every day to making £450m profit in 4 years whilst also creating a new culture
- He set up a consultancy with a team of 20 consultants advising blue chips such as Tui, Selfridge, Unilever and Bae Systems on their people strategies
- Took a cerebral and dusty professional body and repositioned it so that membership grew. The offering was improved and £1.2 million was put into reserves, making it a multi-award winning organisation
- Influenced Government policy in relation to employment, immigration and taxation
- Been interviewed live on TV by Jeremy Paxman and Evan Davies on Newsnight as well as John Humphreys on Radio 4s Today programme. A sought-after commentator on the UK Jobs market by the Media with regular appearances in the FT, Times and Sunday Telegraph and Economist.
Other significant roles
Kevin was CEO for The REC from 2008 – 2018, during Kevin’s tenure the REC has been recognised with many awards, including the Trade Association of the Year Award in 2011. Kevin was given the Trade Association Leadership Award in 2012.
Prior to his role at the REC, Kevin worked for the Royal Mail from 2003 to 2008. As HR Director, he was responsible for people strategy in a business with a turnover of £7 billion and employing 165,000 people across 2000 sites. Kevin was part of the leadership team which transformed the business from losing £1.5 million a day in 2003 to making over £700 million profit in 2007.
Kevin was Managing Director of Qtab, a strategic HR consultancy that specialised in helping businesses to develop and implement people strategies. His clients included Lloyds TSB, First Choice, Fuji, Orange and Unilever.
Kevin contributes regularly to broadcast and print media to provide insight on the UK employment market and the recruitment industry, including Newsnight, Radio 4’s Today, and Radio 5 Live’s Wake up to Money.